Download the manuals for the alternative cartridges of Brother
- There are no more prints after replacing the cartridge.
If there is a specific error report, you can solve the error based on the solutions provided in the FAQ. If there is no error report, you can execute a cleaning programme. You can find this programme under the heading 'printer contents' (header can differ depending on the printer). The cleaning programme can be executed multiple times. See the printer manual.
- The error report: 'cartridge is empty' appears.
It is possible a warning message appears that states the ink cartridge is empty or that a non-original cartridge has been placed (this message can differ depending on the printer model). Simply click 'OK'. If the ink level indicated subsequently appears, do not take notice of it. The indicated status is not the status of the placed cartridge. Click the field
and close the window. If the button blinks, click it for 5 seconds and printing will continue.
- My print has a bad quality: white stripes/bad colour.
- Ensure the cartridge is not empty, you printed to the maximum. If this is not the case, you can clean the cartridge once or multiple times using the printer's cleaning programme. You can find this programme under the heading 'printer maintenance' (header can differ depending on the printer). The cleaning programme can be executed multiple times.
- My cartridge is leaking ink.
- If the leak occurred during the placement of the cartridge, you can no longer use the cartridge. Clean the cartridge tray using a lint-free cloth and place a new cartridge. Did the leak occur during printing? Stop printing immediately. Remove the leaking cartridge, clean the tray with a lint-free cloth, dry the printer rollers and run 3 to 4 white sheets through the printer to absorb as much ink as possible.
- I cannot print, but the cartridge still has sufficient ink.
- Make sure that the cartridge has been used recently so the ink has not dried. If this is the case, you will have to place a new cartridge. Is this not the case? Remove the cartridge from the printer and clean the copper-coloured part with a slightly damp, lint-free cloth if an ink tank is concerned.
- The print results differ from using an original cartridge.
- The black colour can differ slightly (less deep) from the original. This is a result of the ink, but does not influence the quality.
Brother LC980/LC1100, Brother LC970/LC1000, Brother LC985/LC1100, Brother LC900
K12446W4 K12447W4 K12378W4 K12379W4 K12380W4 K12381W4 K10126W4 K12527W4 K12528W4 K12529W4 K12530W4 K12262W4 K12263W4 K12264W4 K12265W4
- My cartridge looks different from the original cartridge.
- This alternative cartridge has been designed in such a way that it does not infringe on the printer manufacturer's patents. This means that the cartridge looks differently; in this case it is slimmer. This does not influence the print quality.
- My cartridge does not fit the printer like the original cartridge.
Hold the cartridge in front of the place in the printer where it needs to be slid into place. Slide it in while pressing the bottom of the cartridge. Subsequently, press the clip of the cartridge and it will slide into place.
» Download visual instructions
- My cartridge will not eject automatically after opening the cartridge lock system.
- Use the pulling strip on the rear of the cartridge to pull the cartridge from the printer.
- After various prints, I receive the message 'cartridge not recognised' while the cartridge still has sufficient ink.
- Make sure that the cartridge has been used recently so the ink has not dried. If this is the case, you will have to place a new cartridge. Is this not the case? Unfortunately, this is due to a printer setting that ensures the final layer of ink remains in the ink tank.